Thursday, September 14, 2006

23 Minutes in Hell

My friend Bill gave me a CD this week entitled, "23 Minutes in Hell" which is an incredible account and testimony of Bill Wiese's journey to hell and back. I can't say that I was exactly excited to listen to this CD initially because of my encounters with dark forces in past dreams, some as recent as a few months ago. So it was somewhat intimidating for me to pop the message into the CD player of my car on the way into work the other day.

What was interesting was that from the very beginning I was very emotional about his account and became very teary eyed. I suppose it's from a number of reasons including my saddness for the world that is lost and doesn't know Jesus...that's never truly walked with Him...that rebukes Him and insults Him at the drop of a hat. Perhaps it was because of my fear and my empathy for the story unfolding before my ears.

It's scared me into reality. I questioned my belief in God and my calling to be here. Surely this is more I must do. Surely I gotta tell everyone I encounter about Jesus. Surely this is a time to turn away from my fear of man and turn towards God in fear and awesome reverance of Him. Surely it's time to step it up at home and lead a family to the cross of Jesus where they will meet a maker, a creator, a savior who loves them for who they are...who loves them where they are at. I simply cannot let my family experience the very thought of going to a world of darkness and death, and I have finally understood the calling of God to love and serve my family like Jesus loves and serves the church.

Jesus, pour out the revelation of yourself on myself and my family. Bring your living word to life. Breathe the breath of life into our lungs, into our inner being, into our souls. I choose you Jesus. I choose to follow you. I choose to serve you. I choose to love you.

Have mercy on me a sinner.

2 comments:

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

Yeah I heard that cd a year or so ago. It really messed me up. Thinking about it now, it still does. I get so frustrated with myself that I don't do more to share Jesus with others. I get mad at the Church because overall they are pretty much saying go to hell to those outside the walls. God make a change in us. Help us!