Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Alpha in the Workplace has arrived!

Today is the big day. We've been planning this event for months and I can't believe that the day has finally arrived. I should have realized how important this course is by my frustration level last night in trying to pick music for this weekend's set or by the simple fact that my littlest boy is terribly sick. Call it a spiritual attack if you want. But we persevered and the day has finally arrived. Yes, Alpha in the Workplace has finally arrived.

If one person would have signed up, we would have been excited. We would have walked the whole 12 weeks with this person on their faith journey. But God blessed us with close to 20 people of various backgrounds and ages.

It's been a couple of years since I've been involved with Alpha as a host/facilitator and I am most excited to watch God move through the lives of those attending. I don't want to set my expectations too high but at the same token I don't want to sell God short.

Granted this will be a totally different situation since this is happening in the workplace over a lunch hour as opposed to a 3-hour a week commitment, but it's still going to be awesome.

I'm proud of our team. I'm proud of Holly and all the work she's put into this. I'm thankful for the support from our home church.

Father God, we ask that you move in the marketplace. Soften the hearts of those guests coming today and we ask that you would open up the eyes and ears of their hearts to your Words, love and grace. Move Lord God. Move.

In Jesus name...amen.

1 comment:

lkmitch46 said...

Hi, Lisa here. My church wants to run Alpha in the workplace because of brevity. Since you have run this particular course, tell me if it is appropriate for a general adult audience, not just those in the workplace and if there are any special materials needed. You may reply thru my email if you like: lkmitch@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Lisa