Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Books. Books. Books.

I think I have a problem. I am reading four books right now.

On Tuesday mornings over coffee, I meet with the worship leader at Lutheran Church of Hope WDM. We decided it would be a good idea to read, "The Heart of an Artist" by Rory Noland. I am 75% through the book but got sidetracked and haven't finished yet. What makes it worse, I started reading some other books.

My wife and I have been reading "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day" by Mark Batterson. It's turning into one of my favorite books. Every other sentence is profound and my wife keeps asking me to re-read sentences as a result. I have been reading it with a pen to underline stuff that speaks to me. I might as well underline every word. ;)

For fun, I picked up "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness" by Andrew Peterson - an amazing singer/songwriter that I have followed for a few years. He is truly a creative genius so I was curious to read this book as it's kind of a Lord of Rings type of book. Very enchanting and captivating. I checked this out from the library so I have to read this against a time table. Better get cracking!

And then a few weeks ago, a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta told me about "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. I ended up buying two copies of the book over the weekend and gave a copy to a friend. I started tearing into it and it started messing with me in a good way. I love being stirred up. I love it when God speaks through others. This is a good one, but I am afraid I need to finish my other books first before I become too engrossed.

So...do you have this problem too? Reading too many books at the same time?

2 comments:

April said...

I have no sympathy for this. You are not reading the book I have hounded you about for forever. bah!

carolynmarsh1 said...

I always have this problem. I'm in a book club, have books I'd like to read like checking into the ones you have listed here, and probably have 50+ books on my bookshelf at home that I still haven't read yet!! It's a disease...ask Brian...LOL...
Carolyn Marsh