Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Stomach Bug

Admittedly, that was a first for me today. I was up during the night with an awful stomach bug and wasn't sure if I could lead worship today.  I called my back-up and took him by surprise so we agreed to play it by ear.

Hopped up on Imodium AD, I took the worship stage very weak today praying that God would see me through this day.  A few times, just moving around during worship, seemed to suck the breath right out of my lungs. Other times, I would have been perfectly content to play laying down.  And thankfully that gurgling sound in my stomach never surfaced.

Reminds me of this verse from 2 Corinthians 12:8-9.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:8-9a).

I hope that God's power was perfect today...

No comments: